Guide to Health, Career, Business & Academics

USA Student Visa Application Guide for International and African Students

0 1

On this page we will guide you more on the F1 USA Student Visa Type which you will understand all you need to Apply and how you can Proceed with your Application. Also with the Benefits of This US Student Visa Program.

About F-1 Student Visa to USA

First, you need to get use to the Following frequently asked questions About F1 USA Student Visa and you can still ask your questions also for instant attention:

  • What is an F-1 student visa?
  • What is required to qualify for an F-1 visa?
  • Can I extend my stay in the United States in F-1 visa status if I can not complete my studies in the expected time?
  • What are the benefits of an F-1 visa?
  • What are the limits of an F-1 visa?
  • Can I travel while on an F-1 visa?
  • How long can I stay in the U.S. on an F-1 visa?
  • Can I change from the F-1 to a different visa status?

What is an F-1 student visa?

The F-1 student visa is a non-immigrant visa allowing foreign students to enter the United States to attend a full course of study at colleges, universities, conservatories, academic high schools (subject to strict regulations) and institutions with language training programs.

Note: For you gain your Full Approval in hours after your Submission, you should Follow the official page and more you can do is to join our Free Email Subscribers for latest notification and update on the merit List and other procedure after Approval:

What is required to qualify for an F-1 visa?

To qualify for an F-1 visa, a student must meet the following requirements:

  • Be proficient in English, unless you are coming to the United States to participate in an English language training program. In some cases, the school may make special arrangements to teach you English.
  • Prove that you have sufficient funds to complete your education.
  • Be coming to attend a full course of study by a school approved by the USCIS.
  • Have a Form I-20A-B issued by your school.

What are the benefits of an F-1 visa?

Students in F-1 visa status receive the following benefits:

  • Come to the United States to study full time in a program leading to a degree or certificate;
  • Transfer to a different school or switch academic programs by notifying the change to the USCIS;
  • Legally work part-time on-campus. You may even seek off-campus employment if it is economically necessary or if it involves practical training;
  • Travel within the United States or abroad, or remain in the United States until the completion of your studies; and,
  • Bring your spouse and children to the United States on an F-2 visa.

What are the limits of an F-1 visa?

Students in F-1 visa status must do the following:

  • You may work off-campus only with prior permission from the USCIS;
  • You must attend the specific school for which your visa has been approved;
  • Your spouse and children (in F-2 status) may not work in the United States; and,
  • You may not apply for a U.S. Green Card.

Can I travel while on an F-1 visa?

Yes, you may travel back to your home country or other countries during your vacation and holiday times.  When you re-enter the United States, you must have the following documents:

  • A valid Form I-20A-B with a recent signature of your school advisor;
  • A valid passport;
  • Proof of your financial support.
  • A valid F-1 visa (unless you are a Canadian citizen, or you are eligible for automatic visa re-validation); and,

How long can I stay in the U.S. on an F-1 visa?

Your Form I-20 states the length of time you may stay to finish your studies.  You are permitted to stay until you finish your studies.

Can I extend my stay in the United States in F-1 visa status if I can not complete my studies in the expected time?

Yes, you may apply for an extension of stay if you need additional time to complete your studies. Your Form I-20 can be extended by the designated school official.  The extension of your I-20 should be filed along with your passport, Form I-94 Arrival-Departure card, and a letter explaining the reason for your extension.

Can I change from the F-1 to a different visa status?

Yes, you may apply to change to a different status while on an F-1 visa.  Many students change from F-1 to an H-1B, allowing them to work for a company in the United States.  Other visitor and work visas are also available.

To apply for the F1 visa you must go through the following steps:

Meanwhile, here are the basic steps you can take in order to Apply and get your F1 Student Visa Approval to study in USA or other Countries like U.K, Canada, Australia, Germany …

  1. Get your admissions documents from the SEVP institution.
  2. Apply online through the DS-160 form.
  3. Pay the application fee.
  4. Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
  5. Schedule your F1 visa interview.
  6. Submit the file with the F1 visa required documents.

What you Need to Do During any Online Application

There guides you need to Follow in order to Achieve a Maximum Result from every online Form you Apply for and the below list will put you through:

Maintain Single Profile – Don’t make thing hard for yourself by making your registration with multiple profiles which will will have problems while trying to Verify or claim your Award

Instructions – Its true that people don’t read instructions and it will be very bad of you not to read instructions before Applying for any online Application.

Legal and Correct details –  If you are not sure of the details you are using please kindly verify before Adding them to your Application because once the Application again Approval you can’t claim the Award

Enquirer –  Do ask question on some unclear part of your registration be fore you proceed with it.

Subscribers – Make it a point of Duty to Join the email subscribers in order to get daily update about your Application

Follow up – make it a point of Duty to follow up your Application from start to finish in order to gain Approval

Validation – Make your registration and with valid documents to enable easy approval

Recommendation –  Make us of document under recommendation from the Application form both format and size.


An F1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa for those wishing to study in the U.S. You must file an F1 visa application if you plan on entering the US to attend a university or college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, language training program, or other academic institution.

Note: Once you have all the basic requirements and you wish to proceed, Please do Follow the Official registration Page below and more you can Ask your Questions or place your Suggestions in the Comment Box for review and Attention.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.